Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ferris Wheel

When I was younger, I wasn’t afraid of heights.  But there was this one incident, maybe I was 5 or 6 yrs old back then, we had to take the stairs because there was something wrong with the lift.  I think we were at the 7th floor, then I suddenly freaked and cried because I was so terrified.  It was just like somebody turned the switch and “boom” all of a sudden I can't look down and had this terrible feeling of falling or missing a step. 

I did tried to “cure” my fear.  Went and join a mountaineering club when I was in my Junior year in college til my early 20’s, even tried rappelling (and I should add that it was so amazing just don’t know if I can do that ever again!) But without practice I am back to my “normal” acrophobic-self. 

So ferris wheel and rides like this are good to look at, but please don’t ask me to actually ride one J




I took this photo last year at Al Safa Park, forgot to post it online…as usual...but I did post the other one here.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice shot, sis!

    Ako naman, mahilig sa heights. I love the view from a higher altitude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isa yan sa prob ko - kumuha ng picture sa matataas na place. Ok lang pag may salamin in between pero pag wala takot ako sobra. Kahit nga may salamin, I feel uneasy pa rin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the only ferris wheel i've ridden was in sm. i wasn't allowed to ride the ones in the carnival when i was younger.

    ReplyDelete